April 28, 2008

Inspired! canvas art

I was not only inspired by the challenge of the week, but a video I had seen on Donna Downey's blog. I made this canvas piece for my sister's birthday (next week) using her favorite quote and both metallic and basic acrylic paint. The letters are Doodlebug stickers from one of the stores and the flourish is a template, yes, also from Paper Pals. The photo doesn't show it, but there is bling on this too...

I know my sister will love it!
Anita
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

look at you gettin' your paint on!!! see?!?! you DOOOO have it in you...and such a great job you did...what an awesome gift!

Karen Tews Lien said...

You are going so "Donna Downey" on us! What a cool canvas - your sister will love it!

Anonymous said...

Great job Anita! Your sister is going to love this!

Wendy said...

beautiful canvas...You and Donna Downey make this painting thing look so easy and yet so beautiful. Nice work.

The Southiwck Family said...

Amazing, I am going to have to do this! I love the quote, it's one of my favorites too.
GREAT JOB!!!!!

Judy said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! Your sister is going to LOVE it!!!

Tricia S. said...

Hi Anita - it's the "other" sister here (finally). I like this canvas...should you happen to feel inspired enough to make a 2nd one...MY birthday is only 11 months away! ;-) ~Tricia

london tierney said...

This is so cool! Reminds me of Donna Downey! She would be tickled! I love that you took on this challenge and really ran with it. I think this will be a great gift.

Blog Archive