what a fun challenge! endless possibilities here, and so freeing!
these first small layouts are from a little 6x6 book (the cover says, "reasons i love you") i made for my husband for valentine's day...just off white cardstock, photos w/ painted edges, a little painty blob for a journaling spot, and a hand-cut circle on painted cardstock to write a little number in... a very quick, easy project, and it's easy to add more pages...and i never have to worry about everything matching!
this next idea involved a little more paint and time...
1. dry brushed white textured cardstock with blue paint
2. used a wet brush to even out coverage
3. dry brushed more colors here and there (lime green, yellow, white, teal, etc.)
4. placed sanded-edge picture
5. stamped little circle flower stamps onto paper i'd previously used to "clean" out my brushes after painting projects (see samples above)
6. while all that was drying, cut strips from painted paper and crumpled, folded, rolled, etc. to soften them a bit so they'd look more like ribbon
7. hand-cut little circles and glued them in place, along with the "ribbon"
8. journaled on hand-cut half-circle, adding different color words to highlight Paul Simon lyrics
9. added sewing doodles, notebook punches, date, etc.