May 19, 2013

Preserving the present...for the future!

Scrapbooking is, for me, not only a fun and creative way to spend time....it's also important to me to preserve precious memories for our grandchildren.  I love scrapbooking, and my love for the craft only grew once I had these precious additions to our family!  I finally "got over" the need to scrapbook chronologically, and just enjoy creating layouts, mini-albums, cards and so much more with the "way too many" photographs that I have.

This past Christmas I created mini-albums for each of our grandchildren (using the We-R-Memory Keepers 8X8 leather albums), and it was so fun to see the reaction of the kids when they opened them! They were among their favorite gifts---right up there with the toys! :0) 

Jim and I took our two oldest grandchildren with us to Washington, DC last May, and when we returned I made scrapbooks for them with all the pictures we took on the trip. They love looking through the scrapbooks and remembering all the fun things that we did!!

In short....scrapbooking is such an important part of my life (I have a whole room in our house dedicated to this craft!!)  It's been wonderful to get all the pictures I have out of the drawers and boxes and into scrapbooks to be enjoyed for many, many years to come!!

Scrapbook layouts...

 
 
 
 
Mini Albums...
 
 
 
Cards...
 
 
Bookmarks...
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Blog Archive