May 16, 2013

Julie Nutting Paper Doll Stamps are AWESOME

I am in love with these stamps!

They are so stinkin cute, and there are so many ways to use them here are a couple links of how to use them that you really need to check out.

 http://pinterest.com/pin/65654107040605037/

 http://pinterest.com/pin/65654107040603148/

    They have been uber popular since their release this year.   I couldn't wait to put them to use in my Art Journal, in fact I went to bed thinking about them and when I woke up I actually had an idea for the perfect page! My only problem was that the picture in my head was pastelly,( hmmm not sure if that's a word but I'm gonna use it) and I wasn't sure if I could get my dylusions sprays to be pastelly . But I decided to give it a try, here it goes I will walk you through the steps I used to create this page-

Here are my "ingredients" and as usual I had a few more pop up along the way that missed the line up picture.

 
First I used these dylusion sprays and to cover my page

 
Blotted that dry and ghosted over it with the flower frenzy stencil by TCW. 


I added some green to the bottom using a lime green gelato stick, then rubbed that in with a wet wipe.  






 I stamped my Paper Doll on using archival black in. Then with the same ink and a dylusion stamp set I added a bit of a border.
Stamped using the Hero Art white chalk ink and dylusions background love stamp. 

Because I wanted a close match to fill in my leaves here I used some acrylic glazing liquid mixed with the fresh lime spray I had used before to mix up the perfect paint/glaze for my leaves.











Then added a title,  excuse my very sad hand writing please, and the color on this last pic, not sure what was going on there.


So I like this a lot, but not quite the colors I was going for, so I tried out some sprays that Paper Pals is now carrying called Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist.

I am in LOVE- these were exactly what I was looking for!!!   .For this page I followed the same process, except I used the Mixed Media Border Stamp that goes with the Paper Doll Stamps for my border. Added a layer of stenciled spray, and used the TCW Mini Brick stencil.   


I printed out my page quote and stuck in on using gel medium. 


Added some shading with my handy dandy pitt pen.  And here we are :)

The Radiant Rain mist colors I used were- Pink Grapefruit, Spanish Moss, Bashful Blue, and Sunburst.
Lg TCW stencil scallop flowers for the ghosting and I believe the swirly garden stencil for texture.




Pin It!

2 comments:

County Purr Farm Scrapbooking said...

Lovely job! Looks just like a tutorial from those famous ladies! :)

AngMomof3 said...

This is so beautiful! And what a fun "throwback" to the idea of paper dolls from when we were children. Love it!

Blog Archive