October 16, 2009

Anita's Holiday Paper Challenge

Anita, great challenge! And thanks for posting it the day I finished my DT layout that fit your specifications! (Pure luck, I tell you...)

I had some more of the BOO! to You! papers by My Minds Eye, and realized that in our household, Halloween is not the only scary time of year. My sweet 6 year old has learned that the big bad world outside of Mommy's care can be daunting. And she's learning how to cope with it.

So I created a layout that shares the feelings my 6 year old has. And one day she can look back and see how much she's grown and learned since that first day of kindergarten in 2008.

Again, it's a hybrid layout. I used Renee Pearson's high contrast photo effect in PSE and my title block with a faux finish brush. I printed the center photo/title square and then used papers and embellishements from the die cut sheet to finish out the page.

So, don't just assume halloween papers can only be used for events in October! Be creative.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anita Cory said...

absolutely love what you've done here, friend! Great work on the challenge, but even more, really capturing the essense of your sweet girl!

Blog Archive