June 3, 2009

Stash challenge expanded!!!!


This is not just using my stash...the paper is new. But as I was putting this kit together for my etsy shop I was inspired by old/found elements and thought I would expand on Anita's challenge a little. You may not think of cassette tapes as part of your "stash" but I totally do! this one, on the cover of my 4X4 mini, is actually an old answering machine tape. Who doesn't have something like this laying around...right? A little nail polish remover took the label right off...then I used double stick tape to glue the cassette to some of the leftover Hambly heavy overlays I had and I added some spraypaint and acrylic paint. As you de-stash..try to incorporate some sort of non-traditional item! Good luck!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love love love--I never really know what to do with things like the Hambly overlays, and then I see what you did and I realize I need some of my own. :-) And yay for random destash.

AngMomof3 said...

I adore your artsy work with practical items. Label maker. Classic! Your adorable buttons-- London style. Tape. A cassette tape? Wouldn't have thought of it, but really like it.

Really. Amazing. Creations.

Anita Cory said...

Sadly, I couldn't meet your part of the challenge...I had my mind firmly fixed on brads and snaps. However, I'm going to work something into another layout soon...

Blog Archive