February 18, 2013

Crazy Over Authentique!

I am super excited to share my projects from my Authentique kit! I absolutely LOVE this line. The paper is 2-sided so I was able to use lots of different patterns. I used sheets of patterned paper from the "Original" and "Genuine" line which actually coordinated really well together.

This first layout I used an exacto knife to cut out various diamonds from the paper in no certain order. I love the "Genuine" Elements sticker sheet. It comes with sooooo many different words. I had a hard time deciding what phrases to use on my layouts. It also has two sets of alphabet letters and numbers, uppercase and lowercase.

After adhering the diamond paper I wanted to add some texture so I added the diamond pattern using a stencil and modeling paste. I gave the molding paste color by adding acrylic paint before I spread it over the stencil, and after it was dry I went over it with white PanPastel. All of these products and tools can be picked up at Paper Pals! Molding paste is my new favorite medium! Here is a close-up to show you the dimension that is created when used with a stencil.

On the second layout I created I used a lot of the stickers from the "Genuine" Details 12x12 sticker sheet. I had a lot of fun with this layout, and once again I had a hard time deciding what stickers to use.

Along with the incredible assortment of different stickers on the sheet is a set of alphabet stickers that coordinate with everything. I love the simple font and size of them!

I also created a few cards with this gorgeous paper, stickers, and Bo Bunny's Denim Blue Lace.


I designed this card with a pull-out "wallet" that can hold a gift card.

This is the first time I had worked with Authentique products. The paper is very good quality and nice to work with, but don't take my word for it. Head into Paper Pals and try it out for yourself!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Wow Wow Wow! I can't wait to see this all in person! Just amazing Amber!

Judy said...

I agree with Karen....AMAZING!!! Love what you have done with the papers, paints, etc!! Fabulous layouts!! (and cards!)

AngMomof3 said...

Amber,I've missed seeing your work! It is absolutely amazing! The time and detail you took with your first layout is amazing. Way to really add a special element on a scrapbook page with your modeling paste technique. Incredible!