September 7, 2011

What's Up Wednesday - Are you a "Pinner?"

Are you a pinner? Do you pin? Do you know what I'm talking about? I'm talking about Pinterest! One of my very favorite websites. I get soooo much inspiration from this site, especially for scrapbooking. For those of you who don't pin, let me explain how it works. Or better yet, let me just quote their explanation from their site.

"Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes." - And so so so much more!

You can read in more detail about it here. In the meantime, let's take a tour around my Pinterest.

Here's the main page that came up when I logged in today. It shows you the latest pins from the people that you are following. Kinda like if you were following someone on twitter.

So, when you see something you like you repin it to your own board. If you find something on the web, from say your favorite blog, you use the "Pin It" button to pin it to your board, and add notes about the picture you are adding (i.e., love the flower technique used on this layout). You can even use the search feature on Pinterest to find ideas/pictures of what you are looking for.

The beauty of Pinterest is that it's versatile and super easy, and it's in one place so no matter where you're at you can access it as long as you have a computer or a smart phone.
Here's the toolbar where you can go to your own pins, boards, preferences, etc.

 

This is a snapshot of some of my boards. I have 24 right now categorized for different things. This is different for everyone. That's kinda the beauty of Pinterest. You can create a board for anything that interests you; hairstyles, clothing, shoes, gardening, scrapbooking, home decorating, cooking, etc.

Let's look at my "Organization" board. There are some great ideas in here huh?

When I click on one of my pins, it takes me to where I've entered notes and it gives me the website this idea is from. If it is a repoin it also shows who I repinned it from. Pretty cool huh?!

These are some pins inside my "Paper Crafting" board. (I just love Tara Orr! She's amazing! Plus, Paper Pals carries most of the lines she works with.)

Here are some from my "Projects for the Kiddos" board.

Did I mention it's FREE? Are you ready to sign up?  If you need an invite, send me your email address to ambermemcatcher at hotmail dot com and I'll hook you up!  I hear that otherwise you have to wait a couple weeks. If you are already on Pinterest follow me!

Happy pinning!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Love this post Amber! Great job getting more of us addicted to Pinterest!!

AngMomof3 said...

I heart Pintrest! I started using it in the spring for photography ideas, but your post has inspired me to start up some more boards! Love it. Thanks!

Blog Archive