August 23, 2010

Lost and Found

It was really fun to work with the new My Mind's Eye Lost and Found collection. The papers and embellishments all sported lots of glitter, which I LOVE, and the palette of Madison Avenue was in one of my favorite color combos, pink and brown.



The photo I chose kind of blended into the page a little too much for my liking, so I grabbed a little pink paint and painted the bird and the vines so they would pop on the page a little more. The "cherish" piece was from the die-cut embellishment sheet, and again I painted the edge in brown to add a little more contrast. I am so very pleased with this layout. The photo does not do it justice, so you'll have to visit the store to see it in person.



One of the coolest things about this collection, in addition to the amazing glittery die-cuts, is that it comes with a coordinating set of acrylic stamps. The dress form and the banner on the second card are both stamped images; I just added a little sewing and a quilt pin to finish it off.



Love the banner. I added some jute and then placed the die-cut banner pieces over it with pop dots. The princess die-cut was a little big for this card, so I chopped it up and then glued it back together to make it the size I wanted. I also cut out the crown and outlined it with cinnamon stickles.
I'd love to see what you're doing with Madison Avenue.
Pin It!

5 comments:

*Suzy* said...

Love this line! I enjoy working with pinks and browns -- so especially am liking this line. Your one-picture layout is fun and totally works this paper ... the flowers, the birds --- fun! The dress form stamp looks like it would be fun to play with for many different card themes. Like the idea of adding the pin.

Leah said...

This paper is perfect for highlighting a great photo. So many cute details on your layouts and cards.

NancyS said...

Love both the layout and cards.

AngMomof3 said...

This layout is beautiful! What a great photo and it's featured so well on your simple yet elegant layout.

The stitching on your cards tops them off perfectly. Love them!

Anita Cory said...

You never cease to amaze me. I love all the creative fixes you used (the crown, the princess tag). Great ideas to make things work!

I also love the stitching...such a nice touch!

Blog Archive