August 23, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas .... seriously!

Oh my!  My farmer is still harvesting and here I am working on Christmas cards and layouts.  Oy!  My Minds Eye has done it again ... an incredible line of papers combining the traditional colors of the Christmas holidays with some non-traditional colors thrown in.  The best part (and there are always lots of best parts when it comes to scrapping in my oh so humble opinion) is that not only are the patterned papers double-sided, but each side is absolutely one I would add to my Christmas List. 

The Christmas Memories layout is one that I 'scraplifted' from the September issue of Scrapbooks, Etc., page 46.  I have had these pictures of my kids from 1996 and this was a great opportunity to use them.  Thus my theory of not scrapping 'in chronological order' was proven.  Hold onto those special pictures and wait for just the right paper or opportunity to scraplift.  Products used for the layout were:  Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye Holly Jolly line "Winter Branches" & "Reindeer Fly".  Within the same line I used the Holly Jolly twine & 'punch outs'.  I used my Slice "Just Chilling Teen" to cut the letters for Christmas. 

For the cards I used the same products, adding more trims from the Holly Jolly ribbon & trims,  and added the Holly Jolly stamps.  These were fun stamps.  They will be a must for me.  The snow flakes, the Merry Christmas stamp ... all perfect sizes and so easy to use.  At first I was a little hesistant to use the stamps, since I don't consider myself a 'stamper' but these were easy to use, didn't smudge and even better ... easy to clean.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I really like your banner. This is a great layout. Your cards are giving me some great ideas for Christmas cards.

AngMomof3 said...

That layout is simply beautiful! I love that the papers and your design make it a perfect country christmas with those photos. Wish it were mine!

The cards are so pretty... the colors and stamps are so unique. Love it!

Anita Cory said...

Love love love this paper and what you've done with it! The pennant strand is a perfect touch to the layout and I love the silver/gray touches on the cards...so pretty!

Blog Archive