November 4, 2013

Turnining Over a New Leaf...

As I learned that Paper Pals was closing its doors, it made me realize what a great impact the store has had on my life. I am surprised at the influence that one business (and fabulous business owner Karen) can have on me!

I've spent a little time looking back, and I discovered that almost exactly 6 years ago, Karen asked me to submit some items to apply for design team. She knew that I was "dabbling in digital", and she wanted to add a DT member who would work on hybrid layouts. (Karen has ALWAYS been on the cutting edge to make sure she was serving customers with the latest and greatest in the scrapping/crafting industry!) I remember how flattered I was to be chosen for the team. Here's my very first DT layout-- a hybrid page that featured a visit to the pumpkin patch:


Thanks to her and the other design team members, my confidence grew and so did my scrapping skills. I think I really hit my "mojo" in the Spring of 2010 when so many great things were happening in the scrapping industry and with my projects at Paper Pals. Here are a few of my favorite Design Team layouts from that phase of my scraplife:


 
 

And, time marched on... I started working and my kids got older and required lots of my free time outside of work. Scrapping was an occasional hobby versus a daily pleasure. But Karen still believed in me, and kept pushing exciting new products my way that inspired me to create once again. My work was more simplified, but was still meaningful and really therapeutic. Definitely cheaper than therapy! Here's a more recent layout that I love:
So, as another autumn comes to a close, it is a reminder that all good things come to an end. What an incredible 6 years I've had as a DT member at Paper Pals, and I will always have fond memories of this phase in my life. Thanks, Karen, for believing in me and encouraging me too. I can't wait to see what is to come for the future!

Thanks for the memories. :)
Pin It!

No comments: