November 24, 2013

Goodbyes are never easy...

...I've lived in Pullman a little over 20 years.  While this is a lovely place to work, raise a family, and live, the part of life on the Palouse that is a huge drag is saying goodbye to dear friends.  With two universities here, people are constantly moving in and out either for more education, teaching, or administration.  I've learned to say, "have a great life" because honestly, our paths may never cross again. 

I stopped in to Paper Pals yesterday, Karen's last day in the store.  I didn't say goodbye.  I just wanted to say, thank you, best of luck, and "I'll see you around".  I'm sure I fumbled over my words a little, but thankfully others have so eloquently expressed their feelings and mine on this blog in recent weeks. 

Karen, you have meant the world to me and so many others. I'm sure I speak for others as well.  I'll miss you immensely, but look forward to the weekend retreats full of creativity and catching up with old friends. Thank you for inspiring me, challenging me, and trusting me to be a part of your team in a small way.  Thank you for sharing your dream, your talent, and your life with me and so many others. 

Until we meet again!
Anita
 




Pin It!

No comments: