June 22, 2013

Project Life Is Here

I was eager to work with this month's "Scrap Your Life" Kit because it included lots of samples of the Midnight Edition of the new Project Life Core Kits that recently arrived at Paper Pals. If you love the elegant nature of blacks, golds and greys, stop by the store to pick up this great kit and explore the Project Life system for yourself.

 First I planned my picture placement and tucked them in the pockets, then I chose journaling cards and made quick notes to fill in the rest of the pockets. I used an old alphabet set to stamp June on a 4x6 card.

 I wanted to keep more simplicity with this sleeve because there were a lot of pockets to fill and I didn't want to overload the eye with pictures. I cut down three 4x6 photos to fill the smaller pockets on the right and I used a couple different sizes of heart punches and red cardstock to tie in the hearts on the journaling cards.
 
 
 This sleeve contained a 6x8 pocket and I loved it! It enabled me to highlight a photo and then tell a story with the surrounding photos and journaling. This was a  perfect way to include a more in-depth look at my daughter's birthday celebration within my Project Life album. I kept the heart theme going to connect this time period and also because hearts are cool and I was feeling a lot of love!


  I love how fast and easy and beautifully these four pages came together, and this is one of the reasons I love the Project Life system. If I want to tell a more detailed story, I'll often make a layout and include it in my album, but for documenting snippets of our everyday lives so I don't forget them, this is the way to go. I simply printed some recent pictures, sat down with the kit and in less than two hours I documented two weeks. Done, done and done!

And then I made a couple of five minute any-occasion cards with some leftovers, just right for a quick note to a friend.
Pin It!

No comments:

Blog Archive