March 23, 2013

Oh Boy Line from My Mind's Eye

Recently, Judy posted beautiful layouts and cards showcasing her adorable granddaughters and the My Girl line from My Mind's Eye. My assignment (and treat) this time was to focus on boys.

Oh boy* the Oh Boy line from My Mind's Eye is just so fabulous. 

Muted (but primary) colors, clever and easy-to-use chipboard embellishments, stickers, brads, and interesting card stock patterns make this a great line to check out.  As a mother of two boys and only one girl, I could see using this paper for certain "girl" things as well as it is just so user friendly.

Thankfully, I have no shortage of photos of adorable boys in my life.  My own 10-year-old son Harrison is such a ham for the camera and still willing to be photographed.  Meanwhile, my nephews Laik and Griffin  just get cuter by the day and I don't get to see them often enough, so creating a fun layout of them was such a treat. 

As you can see from the layouts below, no matter the paper, I am true to my "simple scrapbooking" style.  Busy, playful patterns can become mellow when accentuated by other solid (paper, ribbon, bold lettering) and then your photos take center stage and really shine.  Dimensional adhesive (i.e. pop-dots), Glossy Accents, ribbon, and glitter are a must in my world.

The huge sheet of chipboard embellishments (and the stickers) are perfect for cards and other decorating and craft projects.  You could use these to decorate kraft wrapping paper for an adorable baby boy shower or birthday gift, a picture frame for Grandmother(s) (Mother's Day is coming soon people), and this line would be perfect for a quick and easy mini-book (again - brag book for Grandma perhaps?)!


 You need to get off of your computer or phone and head to Paper Pals now to get the new My Mind's Eye before it is gone

Enjoy!
Anita


* Ha Ha...pun intended!
Pin It!

1 comment:

AngMomof3 said...

The colors in this line are great! I always love how you take the matching embellishments and make them your own with glossy accents and some glitz!