January 1, 2013

Happy New Year in Scrapbooks!

Happy 2013 to all of you!

New Years is almost a definition of scrapbooking. We look back at what we've done and we look ahead to a bright future too. Scrapbooking encompasses our past and our future too!

Using more of my leftovers from my Pebbles "Seen and Noted" line (I TOLD you I love it!!!) I created a two page layout to reflect on this last year. I included a photo collage as well as a printed out version of one of those fun "year in review" Facebook status compilations. Photos and Facebook statuses are GREAT ways to record a quick synopsis of a chunk of time.


 
Or if your last year isn't a great one to look back on and you simply prefer to look toward what's ahead of you in hopes of a better year, maybe you want to do something more like this layout I did two years ago:
 
 
Focusing on my faith and my future, I made a layout in Jan. 2011 that plans for what's ahead. I used an inspiring bible verse  (plus a quote from Veggie Tales) and a collage of photos where I see calendars throughout my day. The papers and accents I used were definitely a mish-mash of a WIDE variety of products I've purchased through the years... no rhyme or reason except using up the old so I can move on to the new. (I thought that was a suitable tie-in to my layout theme too!)


 
Hopefully these two different ideas will kick start your year of scrapbooking! Enjoy the last of your holidays and scrap a lot in 2013!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Great layouts Angela!

Amber said...

Awesome! I love the idea of incorporating your facebook "year in review" in the layout. Thanks for that tip!

Deb said...

WOW! I love this lay-out, all the wording, embellishing and patterns together and busyness and not a single flaw! It's fabulous!