April 20, 2010

Vintage Blue

Do I even need to say that I loved this line by We R Memory Keepers? The beautiful palette of greens and oranges and blues and the whimsical design made creating with this line really fun.


My excellent photographer hubby took this shot of the blooming dogwoods in Hell's Canyon early this spring. I merely added my own title and journaling block, punched out some butterflies, cut a title strip from the pre-printed paper, and finished it off with a button. Voila! So cute!


From these pictures, I know you're never going to believe that I don't get to see the kit before I design with it, but it's true! We just happen to have a parakeet almost exactly the same as the one on this paper. I took these pictures in February and the moment I browsed through the design kit I knew they were the ones. The scalloped edging and the bird title came from the great Vintage Blue sticker sheet. I made my journaling block with my Slice machine and added some ribbon and staples to finish the layout.




Fast, easy, and cute cards made with the Vintage Blue sticker sheet. I think I'll be picking up some more of this great line from We R Memory Keepers; such great colors and designs for spring and summer.
Pin It!

4 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

Wow. I will be making a special trip to the store just to see that Signs of Spring layout. You used some really great techniques on that!

And I just love your cards-- the colors are so unique and you put some great combos together. Love it!

*Suzy* said...

The photographs are incredible and the papers just add that special 'something' to bring out the beauty of it all. Loving your cards ... the colors of the "Flutter" card are fun.

Leah said...

That birdie paper was perfect for you. I love both layouts. I especially love the three pictures across. The cards are soooo good.

Anita Cory said...

I love the cards you made from this line so much! I have a little of this paper line too...and now I'm inspired!

Blog Archive