April 26, 2010

Meadowlark


I had no idea how I would tell the story of Lonely Tree until I received this new paper from My Mind's Eye. Meadowlark sports a nature theme along with the elegance of a black and white palette in classic patterns. I love how the owl is looking over at the tree; at first look I thought he might be a little busy, but now I think he adds the perfect balance. I also like how my journaling runs right into the journaled pattern of the paper and around the fern. I just added a few buttons and edged each piece with a gold paint dauber to complete this fast monochromatic layout.


All these little pictures are just the thumbprints that came with my developed photos. The polka dot border is a punch-out from the Meadowlark die-cut sheet, which included so many great journaling spots and embellishments. The little red flower is also from that same die-cut sheet; I colored it in with copic markers. I cut the title from white bazzill on my Slice machine and then inked each letter. I sewed around the photos to create a collage and then added some buttons and a handmade tag.


These cards came together in minutes. I love how adding the red ribbon, ink, and gems to the thank you card made it even more classy.


Again, I added gold paint to the edges of the card on the left and colored the bird on the card on the right with copic markers and added a gemstone for the eye. The words and tags were also part of the die-cut sheet.

I have to say that, for someone who prefers working with bold color, I really enjoyed the neutrality and timeless feeling of this paper line.
Pin It!

3 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

These turned out bee-u-ti-ful!!! I agree with the way the neutral colors really worked for you!

Creative use of photos, Kristi! The flower punched from a photo on your first layout, and using your thumbnails that way?!?

Your creativity astounds me!

Leah said...

I knew this was your work before I got down to the bottom. I love the tiny photos. Such a great idea. Your cards and LO are always just so good.

Anita Cory said...

Stop. It. Right. Now. I am so envious of your creativity! I love what you did with the thumbnail photos!

Blog Archive