January 21, 2010

Someone's in the Kitchen ....

What a fun bunch of papers to play with. When I was first approached to do 'something' with this line I knew exactly who were going to be the stars, but to find the pictures ... let's just say I'd need a treasure hunt line of patterned papers to show that process! Lo, and behold ... I found them!!!

So without further adeiu (sp?) .... here is my Mom aka Honey in the kitchen ~

For Honey's (12x12) layout I used the Joy of Baking line from Moxxie and the journaling on the recipe card is Creative Imaginations. The rub-ons (Tradition, Yum Yum & Seasoned with Love) are also part of the Joy of Baking/Moxxie line. The fun part of the patterned paper is that both sides have designs --- aprons, polka dots, and cookie cutters (which will be on a card below). All cardstock is Bazzil.

The next star is my Missy baking cookies ....

Using the same line of patterned papers from Moxxie, I created this 8x8 layout of my Missy baking cookies. I had recently read that one way to 'use' up empty or white space in a picture is to add rub-ons, journaling or embellishments. I just didn't think the bottle of detergent looked too appealing in a baking layout, so I added the rub-ons (flour & sugar) from Moxxie. If you look closely you'll see Missy spelled out on the front of a few aprons. I like to use ribbon, buttons & staples on my layouts, so when there is an opportunity to get them on a layout I do ... and I did!



After playing around with the paper and trying different approaches I decided I'd want to give a recipe to someone on these scrumptious journaling cards, so I chose one of my favorite recipes Dump Cake aka "Better then S*x" cake, matted it, & framed it. Once it was in the frame (Ikea), I then tied some ribbon around the frame, added a few buttons and ta-daaah .... a wedding present or maybe a housewarming gift that could be tucked into a basket or baking with all the ingredients, a cute apron & pot holders.



This Cookie Swap Invitation went together pretty quick. I used a darker green cardstock, cut to 8 x 5-1/2. Scored it and then folded it in half. Inked the edges (I seem to do that to everything!). Cut two strips of patterned paper, one @ 5-1/2 x 2-3/4" & the second @ 5-1/2 x about 2" or alittle less (just enough to over lap), ink the edges and then using your adhesive, put them onto the cardstock. The rub-ons used are the Cookie Swap, rolling pin & dough, bowl with utensils & pot holder. The ric-rac was used to not only cover up the overlapping line, but to add some depth. The 'Sweet' heart was created using my Cuttlebug & the Sweet Heart embossing folder.

I can't wait to see what you do with these papers. I think they would be a great line to work with when making tags for bake sales, bridal showers, housewarming gifts and so much more.

Happy Scrapping!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Leah said...

So very creative. I love the mix of colors. I like the ribbon and buttons on the honey's layout. Great job.

Karen Tews Lien said...

Suzy you did such an amazing job with this paper line! I LOVE the framed recipe card - what a great idea!

{Ali•Rae•Lindhardt} said...

oh love the projects! And that cute apron paper.