October 1, 2008

My Mind's Eye...Christmas is coming!

The new line from My Mind's Eye is so versatile and whimsical! The paper really had me thinking. Dig up some old or extra photos and enjoy the creative process combined with reminiscing about times gone by....it really won't hurt anything if you scrap out of order will it? So my challenge to you is to have fun with scrapping Christmas and winter...whenever you feel like it!

I was able to make 3 layouts and 3 cards each reflecting a different "vibe" that the paper can so easily help to convey.

First, the gorgeous snowflake paper...yes, in a lovely sage green. I love the feel of the elements on this page with the paper...



















Next, a "blue Christmas"...anyone who knows me knows how very much I love blue... so, you'll have to stop by the store to see the "fine print" on this page. I printed the photos on a transparency to convey the idea that these memories are faint, fuzzy, fleeting (these photos are from 3+ years ago).



















I used traditional "red/green" for my "Remember" Christmas page. This line comes wtih a sheet of die cut elements that make putting together pages like these a snap. It was really fun digging up some old photos and reflecting on them in a new way...



















Finally, the cards...with the elements left after the pages, I was able to create 3 (and there could've been more, but alas, I should've been sleeping:), fun and fresh cards.

















Tricks and Techniques used:

*print photos and journaling on transparency
*paint chipboard letters and then coat with Diamond Glaze
*cut the tiny strip from the end of the paper (where "My Mind's Eye" is printed) and use it for yet another page element
*use Diamond Glaze to accent parts of an element and sprinkle with glitter (on the snowflake card)


You'll love this line...give it a try!
Anita

Pin It!

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Nice work Anita! I love to scrapbook completly out of order. It is how I roll! Thanks for showing some ways of doing pages that are NOT all red and green. I love that sage green snow page.

AngMomof3 said...

Oh, the fantastic old photos you had! Not only did you scrap out of season, but out of this decade too! That's a great challenge for me the chrono-scrapper.

AND you'll never believe me, but I just yesterday created two cards using the "My Minds Eye" edge of the 12x12 paper they don't intend us to use. It was a cute ribbon-ish patter and matched the paper well! We think alike, my friend!

Blog Archive