October 6, 2008

Halloween Banner

Thank you Shawna and Karen for letting me make this banner. I love the way it turned out. I love all the new Halloween papers so much that I bought some for my circle book that was on the blog last week. Two things that I am really into right now are the color orange (you might have noticed), and shiny things (perhaps I was a raccoon in a former life?). I got to use both on this fun banner.

I used Rangers crackle paint in dried marigold on the letters to spell the word BOO. It was the first time I have used the paint and I really liked the way it turned out. After it was dry I used Rangers spiced marmalade ink and covered the letters with it. This makes the cracks get darker and show up better and it doesn't really change the color of the paint.

After covering the chipboard pennants I glued down the letters and then I used Judikins Diamond Glaze on top of the letters to give them lots of shine and dimension. Then of course, I added lots of Gems that I colored with my Copic markers. I really like these markers, they are alcohol based and you can blend colors and color on things like transparencies and gems! I glued some ribbon along the top of the pennants with glue lines and tied them all together with some cute ribbon.

You can find everything you need to make one of these at Paper Pals. And if you go in to check the back side of this banner you will find a bonus! I had so much fun and so many cute things left over that I decorated both sides. And still I had plenty left over things to keep making things.

Have fun with the Holiday papers, they make them cuter every year.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!! I could not decide what side to put out - they are both so CUTE!!

Lindsay said...

very cute banner! i've never made one of these, but i just might have to try! great job!

Anita Cory said...

Love it, Malinda...so clever with both sides decorated...

Blog Archive