August 22, 2013

Vintage Christmas

For this month's assignment, I got to work with the Vintage Christmas line from My Mind's Eye. It's been so hot around here that I welcomed a chance to envision colder weather!

 I don't usually choose papers that have too much of an already printed "story" on them, but this "Merry" one drew my eye immediately; I knew exactly the picture for it, taken ten years ago and waiting for a home! I wanted to ground that busy piece of background paper so I cut it down by 1/2", rounded the corners and layered it on top of a green piece of cardstock. I added a piece of red damask to the bottom to give a little more balance to the layout and stuck one of their adorable wooden buttons threaded with some ribbon on top of a circle cut from another piece of paper with my scallop punch. So cute!

 
And of course I played around with these fabulous papers in my Project Life system. I had all these great snowy pictures hanging around, so I decided to make a page dedicated to the garden at Christmas. The title slot is simply a piece of their "Joy" paper cut down to 4x6 and trimmed with a slice of a different paper. And since it was winter, I had to add sparkles. One little trick I've learned is to put your bling on the outside of the page protectors so they don't make the pockets all bumpy. And the rhinestones sparkle more on top too!
Pin It!

1 comment:

AngMomof3 said...

Hey Kristi! Clever way to cut up and put paper back together like that. You're so smart! And I love the finished product with your project life page. The pieces all flow so well together.