June 28, 2010

Celebrating Teachers & Remembering a Special Friend

Details, details, details ..... Probably the words a teacher thinks about all year and now, aaahh, sunshine & summertime! The card is just one way to remember a teacher.  A great thank you might be to add a envelope inside to slide a gift card in to their favorite coffee shop or book store .. or maybe even a pedicure. 

The papers I used for both the card and layouts were fun, fun, fun.  Lots of details, great colors, and the best part (my favorite part) -- the paper is double-sided!  One thing I immediately noticed about the paper was the different personalities of the cats ... I saw alittle bit of my Neko in each one of them.  The paper itself is full of personality. 

So onto the details .... the subject Kitty is my childhood Neko-Chan (Japanese translation for kitten).  The patterned paper was:  Basic Grey Max & Whiskers; Lightening/Max 2450 & Gannett/Max 2455), Reminise Stickers - Cat, Mini-Alphas - cream.  A 1" circle punch & notebook-like punch was used on the card. Embellishments:  Ribbon (available at Paper Pals), glue dots, .03 black pen, and metal frame (from Paper Pals).  I had fun twisting the ribbon and trying something other then just keeping it flat on the card/layout.  To keep some of the 'twisties' in line I add a glue dot. 
Pin It!

3 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

Nice way to use the kitty paper! Clever. And I like the ribbon technique you used. Again, you do a fabulous job!

Karen Tews Lien said...

So many fun details on this page! So glad you were able to scrap a childhood pet!

Leah said...

This paper is so cute. I like how you twisted the ribbon and the little details. Cute card.