March 23, 2009
My favorite was the photo of my mom having a slumber party with her girlfriends in 1963-- so cute! I added to the great Bella Bella papers and accessory sheet and with the vintage photo as well as vintage lace, newspaper and wall paper (we actually tore some off the wall!). I used Liquid Pearls to glam it up a little, and contrasted that with inking and tearing some edges to keep the aged look. This page was so fun to do!
I also got to create a page with a couple of photos of my dad when he returned from Navy Basic Training in 1970. Here I used some of the Laundry Line paper that is glittered and the Paperie Mocha shimmer alpha stickers by Making Memories.
Lastly, a card. I've decided to use some photos on cards. This one is an engagement photo of my maternal grandparents. I plan to send the card to one of my family members on their anniversary to honor the 50+ years that my grandparents were married and encourage my family as they strive for long and successful marriages too.
How would you like to use some of the vintage photos you have?
1. They've upgraded! There is now a Version 3 of Memory Mixer with several fun new features.
2. Still not sure if you'd like it? Well, according to their website, they'll soon be offering a 30 day free trial!
3. Wondering about the product lines they sell? They recently teamed up with My Minds Eye, so now you can get several of their paper lines (just like the ones sold at Paper Pals) in a digital format. Pretty cool! Here's a couple examples of the QuickMix pages they create for you:
You can also purchase the lines just like you would at the store as 12x12 pages and embellishments. They currently have the lines Bella, Bliss and Boulevard.
You should check it out!
March 19, 2009
This line is by far one of the easiest lines of paper that I have ever used. I love Carolee's Creation and was a little worried when I was looking for ideas and only found 1 layout and no card ideas because if you know me I am a scrap lifter but it didn't matter. All the paper and the sticker sheet just went so well together that it was a snap to do. I think it literally took me an hour to do 5 cards and the layout. So if you are that type of person who loves fast and easy you better go down to the store today and get some of this before it is all gone. I also love the stickers because when you first put them on if they aren't exactly where you want them they come up very easily. Owls are definitely a trend this season so if you are also a person that likes to stay with the trends then this paper is for you or if you just love cute paper then go and buy some because it is very cute.
March 15, 2009
- Journaling on transparency is so easy
- After you stamp (or write) on your cards/layouts, you can always go over them with Stickles for a little pizazz!
- Add flair to the paper itself (see flowers in layout #1) with Stickles!
- You can embellish any paper by using Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents (by Inksentials) on it... (layout #2)
March 11, 2009
Wow! We can't believe 6 months has already gone by! We sure hope you all LOVE our current Design Team as much as we did! But, it is that time again to open up our Design Team to Paper Pals that would like to apply. Remember - current members can re-apply!
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspiring designers who are creative, ambitious, and love a challenge.
We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Participate on the DT blog by posting work and comments
- Can take photos of all work and submit it to the blog
- Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure
How Do you Apply?
Submit the following:
1. 2 or 3 of your favorite layouts that you feel best showcase your style
2. 1 altered item, home decor item, or mini book.
3. 2-3 cards that you feel best showcase your style
All samples must have your name printed on the back. Submit samples to us between March 16 -March 31.
The Fine Print:
If you have questions please contact us at the store 509-332-0407.
Deb does the most amazing job with mini books! She took the angel wing board book from Kaiser & paper from My Minds Eye and turned it into this treasure! Stop into the store to touch and see this book in person! We have lots of the books to sell and you can make one for yourself!
March 4, 2009
It also took me back to last Easter-- of which I had photos but not layouts. That's been fixed! Here's three different layouts I created with this line of papers.
I used a couple of the "remarks" journaling stickers that match this paper line and had fun duplicating some journaling block sticker doodles up under the title at the top. I'm learning to love doodling on my layouts.
On this second layout I used filing label stickers as masks. I painted over them, removed them, and then had some great little journaling spots. This is just another way to use things you have sitting around the house. The "cassette" striped paper has the fantastic subtle varnish on it, so I mimicked it by using diamond glaze to put polka dots on the title lettering and around the journaling blocks too.
This last layout includes paint stamping (I used a glue stick lid to make the little circle stamps) and the use of Liquid Pearls (you can find it near the Stickles at the store). I think the pearl look really made the ampersand and the butterfly wings stand out nicely.
I may have to purchase this fun line of papers for a second go-round and scrap some of my classic 80's photos from high school. Those photos, however, will not be posted here for your entertainment! :)